The greatest hurdle in the study of music is its solitary nature. It’s hard to expect active young people to devote a half hour or more each day to practice by themselves. Most kids quit their music lessons in less than a year or two — before they really learn to play and experience the pleasure and fulfillment that comes with musical skill.
At Bach to Rock, we transform music and music lessons into a social experience, adding a strong group incentive to playing, learning, and practicing. We have found that maximum progress is achieved through a blend of individual instruction and playing with one’s peers in bands. Our methodology transforms music into a team sport, adding healthy competition and personal interaction. Therefore, we strongly encourage all students to combine a regular schedule of individual lessons with our supervised band Jam Sessions, which, in turn, lead to public performances, recording sessions, and Battles of the Bands. Private lessons are recommended for children 7 years and up.
What is B2R?
- Individual instruction with proprietary curriculum
- Students are motivated by playing with others in a band
- A band builds teamwork, develops social skills, fosters self-esteem and leads to lasting friendships.
- Everyone learns faster playing music they like
- Students are motivated to learn when they see early results
- Introducing very young children to music supports cognitive development and motor skills.